When I was planning for my honeymoon one of my biggest worries were funds. I was short of funds, still wanted to plan something nice for our honeymoon. I discussed with my friends and cousins about this. I always want to plan something nice, but within shoestring honeymoon budget. Honeymoon is something which you want to make really awesome and don’t want to go wrong with it and my plans were also similar. I also had a lot of plans about my honeymoon as this was the first vacation which I was going to enjoy with my spouse. In my honeymoon planning, I used some simple tricks and able to save more money. Here, I am sharing some of my money saving ideas with you for your help.
- Always book your honeymoon tickets with travel reward credit or debit cards. If you have a travel reward card, then avail its benefits on your honeymoon. These travel cards offer free miles or good discounts on flight tickets. So, use these cards for travel ticket booking.
- Avail your rewards points and enjoy some more discounts on your bookings. If you travel frequently, you can also save some rewards points or loyalty benefits for your honeymoon trip. You can use those loyalty rewards and benefits to get discount.
- Fix a honeymoon budget and try to stick to your budget only. Always plan in advance what is your maximum or minimum spending limit. Try to book and plan everything within your budget.
- Save money for your honeymoon. This is another thing that you can do. If you know your marriage date and you know about your honeymoon start saving some money for your honeymoon. Fix an amount and save that amount religiously till your honeymoon. Enjoy some more financial liquidity on your honeymoon.
- Book your travel tickets and hotel in advance. If you know your travel dates, it is better to book your honeymoon travel tickets and hotel rooms in advance. If you book your travel tickets in two or three months advance, you will be able to save good amount money on your ticket and hotel booking.
- Plan your travel in off season. It is good to you plan your honeymoon in off season. For instance, if you are planning to visit Goa on your honeymoon, try to travel during off season like February or March. If you travel during off season you will get slashed price on your hotel and other things.
- Compare all honeymoon packages before booking anything. This is very important to compare different prices of honeymoon packages. If you are getting a better deal from travel agent, then don’t hesitate to book it. It you think that you are able to save more money by booking individually then go ahead and book it.
- Make it short. It is important that you plan your days consciously. If you are planning to book your dates for a longer time, then cut it short for a week or so. It will also help in saving some more money on your honeymoon.
- Avoid fancy and lavish dining on your honeymoon. However, fancy and rich dining excites all on their honeymoon. But, it is better to enjoy the normal kind of dinning in a not so expensive restaurant.
- Book decent three or a four-star hotel, rather than booking a lavish five-star hotel. As there are many decent hotel in three and four-star. It is not mandatory to visit a five-star hotel on your honeymoon. As you will be able to save more money on your stay as well.
LoveVivah.com Punjabi matrimony provides wedding profiles of grooms and brides. Check for Aadhaar verified matrimonial resumes for perfect life partner.