The concept of balance between married and work life is prioritizing the two: work and personal life. There is no perfect remedy for getting that perfect balance. Its aspects shall be different for each of us because each of our lives is completely different from one another. Setting an exact number of hours for work and personal life is like living life as a machine with no excitement. Life is more than that.
But there are two main key concepts that apply to us all. These are success at work or at personal life. These two are like two sides of the same coin. Some people feed off of just one of the sides and it is these people who are not happy in their lives. One who would understand these two concepts has half understood what it means to have the balance. Each of us defines success at personal lives differently for some it is happiness, for some it is love.
But in today’s time, the corporate world is very demanding. The life at work has completely evolved in a not so good way. Within all this competition, it is the employees whose life goes out of balance. This imbalance causes divorces, stress, infertility etc. We need to strive for work life balance. Also we need to balance our mental and emotional health as well which better enable an individual.
But today, organizations have begun to realize the importance of work life balance and hence have begun to provide special programs for its employees to help them maintain a proper balance which includes a friendly environment and atmosphere as first and foremost. Employees can now work on their own schedule and practice their own ways of doing work. Some generous companies also involve families by giving paternal/maternal leaves and extra off days. Employees are now considered assets of the company.
Maintaining a work-life balance is hard but doable with some steps.
1. Plan: plan your day and think in advance about the things that need to be done in both personal and professional fields.
2. Set priorities: prioritize what is more important and what things can wait.
3. Don’t go overboard: Don’t plan way too much or think about doing or handling many tsks in a day as that always ends as a debacle.
4. Production: Be as productive as possible. Work while work, play while you play, it is the way to be happy and gay.
5. Disagreeing: Learn that you always have an option to say no and don’t have to go with whatever your boss is telling you to do.
6. Perfection: Remember this is life and you are a human. Mistakes happen but don’t be let down.
7. Married life: Give your wife the time she deserves. When at home, try not to bring up the topic of work and do not let it worry you for that will intrude with your life.
Slowly and slowly, this entire concept is finding its place within the society. Each individual’s role is very important in this network for we are all connected some way or the other. One person’s wrong doing can be bane for other person. Also remember, it is not a one day deal, these points must be kept in mind every day for proper effectiveness.